Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Introducing "Ruang Jeda"

I have decided to start blogging in Bahasa - to improve my ability to write in my mother tongue, which unfortunately has not been as developed as my ability to write in English (shame on me!). But I beg to differ: I start to learn how to write properly in English, and never have done so in Bahasa. Many fellow Indonesians I know who learned to write properly in English, though, also tend to be better and to feel more comfortable in using English for written communication as well. I hope it's only a matter of practice.

But being selfish is not the only reason why "Ruang Jeda" exists. Through it, I wish to share what in my view need to be more accessible to Indonesians. Meanwhile, I will keep posting here for more general, global concerns. But the division may be as ad hoc as which language my thoughts prefer to materialize in.

No comments: